Thursday, April 21, 2016

5 Irresistible All-Vegan Sweet Treats

5 Healthy Vegan Recipes You Must Try


This month was all about sweets. I've tried quite a lot of recipes (thank you, Pinterest for giving me so many ideas), and since some turned out exceptionally good, I decided to share them with you. If you are looking for good recipes for healthy,  vegan sweet treats, you came to the right place!

Homemade Vegan Ding Dongs

Healthy Ding Dongs? You must be kidding me! Well, I am not, neither is Jenna (the author of this super nice recipe).

Even though I am not a huge fan of Ding Dongs, I have to admit that these turned out too-good-to-be-true (especially when I think about the fact that they are not a threat for my figure*)
*Unless I eat them all in one day, which is fully possible.

If you are craving a sweet treat, covered with  chocolate and filled with delicious cream, these Ding Dongs are exactly what you need!

Find the recipe here: Homemade Vegan Ding Dongs

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

No recipe guide will be complete without Chocolate Chip Cookies. Do you know anyone who doesn’t like Chocolate Chip Cookies? I don’t.

If you though that “delicious” always goes hand in hand with unhealthy, you are wrong. And this recipe proves it. Slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these cookies will satisfy your sweet cravings, without adding any pounds to your gorgeous body + will take you back to the good old days, when you used to steal cookies from grandma’s cookie jar. Like the author of the recipe says “Nothing fancy, nothing new. But they’re mighty special, and I know you’ll be back here to look them up again.”

Find the recipe here: The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies



Cinnamon Carrot Cookies

While we are still talking about cookies, let me share with you my other favorite cookie recipe for this month. Since I adore cinnamon, there is no recipe that has “cinnamon” in its title and hasn’t been tested by me. What’s more – this one includes  carrots and I love-love-love all kinds of pastry with carrots (I can live on carrot cake, seriously).

“These Healthy Cinnamon Carrot Cookies are the epitome of a healthy cookie. They taste delicious, are moist and are healthy enough to eat for breakfast or even lunch. Now, I honestly don’t think we could ask more from a cookie than that.” says Jane (the gorgeous creature behind Baking-Ginger)

After making these cookies at home, I can only say: Thumbs up, Jane! This recipe is ah-ma-zing!

Find the recipe here: Healthy Cinnamon Carrot Cookies

Cinnamon Apple Energy Bars

Yes, another cinnamon recipe. Please excuse me, but I simply can’t help it. Besides that I am addicted to energy bars.

These energy bars are especially good because: 
1. Apples have relatively low glycemic index, hence they don’t give you a sugar rush, but instead, help you keep your energy levels stable for at least a few hours 
2. Cinnamon controls and normalizes the levels of blood sugar in your body 
3. Almonds are rich in vitamins and healthy fats 
4. They taste incredible!

I didn’t have  maple syrup at home, so I couldn’t recreate the original recipe fully, but at the end, the result was more than satisfying. Will repeat.

PS: Make sure you use organic apples!

Find the recipe here: Cinnamon Apple Energy Bars

Raw Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream

If someone tells you that  summer is the best season to indulge on some nice ice cream, tell him he doesn’t know anything about life. There is no "best season" to treat yourself to some ice cream - ice cream has to be enjoyed all year round! Even more, if it’s  raw, healthy and vegan.

The recipe I decided to include in this post, is not just a recipe. It’s a story. A story about how, sometimes, life makes us confront things we never thought we’d had to, but it’s totally up to us to choose how we’ll accept them. Read it.

Appreciate every moment you get to spend with your loved ones and every moment when you get the chance to indulge on some nice ice cream. The small things in life are what makes us truly happy.

Find the recipe here: Raw Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream

What is your favorite vegan recipe? Share it with us in the comments below - we'd love to try it!

If you liked this post, let us know by sharing it! Share and get $5 off for your next order with La Mav!



from La Mav Combined http://ift.tt/1qEVjwV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment