Thursday, April 14, 2016

6 Healthy Homemade Drinks You Must Try

6 Healthy Drinks You Can Drink All Year Round


What are we doing today?

Drinks!

If you are a Pinterest addict (like me), I believe you’ll appreciate my recent finds – 5 healthy, refreshing, energizing and incredibly delicious recipes for non-alcoholic beverages that are easy to make and won’t take much of your time.

Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie

I love ginger! Seriously, I am obsessed with ginger and I use it for everything! I cook with it, I add it to juices and smoothies and I soak it in  organic honey (and eat it whenever I have sweet craving, which is quite often). I enjoy it so much that sometimes, I just slice it and chew it. Now, when you know about my ginger obsession, you will understand why, when I saw this recipe, I was like “Wow! Gotta try this!”.

I tried it today and it turned out AH-MA-ZING!

The immune boosting properties of ginger, combined with the countless health benefits of turmeric and all nutrient-rich fruits you have in this smoothie – if this is not the healthiest treat for your body, I don’t know what is.

Find the recipe here: Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie

Homemade Lemonade with Fresh Mint

I am not the type of person that reaches out for refreshing drinks only when it’s hot. If I want something super-ultra-cooling, I don’t really mind if the temperature outside is below 0.

To be honest, I am not a huge fan of lemons, but I know they are loaded with vitamin C and I also know that  vitamin C is wonderful for your skin (boosts glow, reduces redness, improves skin’s elasticity, etc.), therefore I had to find a way to “make friends” with lemons.

I decided to try this particular recipe, because it had mint in it (I am a huge mint lover).

Did I like it? Oh, my – the best cooling drink you can have! Moderately sweet and super refreshing, this drink is da bomb!

Find the recipe here: Homemade Honey Lemonade with Fresh Mint



Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie

While we are still talking about smoothies, let me share another recipe that I tired and I fell in love with immediately! Not only it’s incredibly delicious, but it also increases your energy levels and boosts your immunity. Berries and kiwis are  rich in antioxidants and bioflavonoids – they help your body fight infections off, keeping you healthy, strong and energetic. What’s more - the taste of this smoothie is divine!

Find the recipe here: Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie

Healthy Chai Latte

When I first tried chai latte 5 years ago, I remember that I was like “I can drink this all day, every day!”

Today, I still enjoy chai latte and it is one the drinks that I prepare most often. Usually, I stick to the classic recipe, but I also love trying out new stuff, because who knows – I might stumble upon some variation that I like more.

If you are looking for an alternative of the  sugar-loaded spice latte that Starbucks offer, try this one – it’s just as good, only healthier.

Find the recipe here: Healthy Chai Latte

Watermelon Coconut Cooler

I am relatively new to the paleo diet and I am still experimenting with different recipes. One of the recipes I’ve tried last weeks was by  Nom Nom Paleo and like Michelle Tam (the creator of this amazing blog) says “this beverage is pretty darned refreshing” . I couldn’t agree more. Perfect for those days when you feel a bit hangover (after having too-much-red-wine the night before) or just when you feel the need to urgently rehydrate your body.

Find the recipe here: Watermelon Coconut Cooler

Homemade Apple Cider

Is there anything more warming (for your body and your senses) than some good homemade apple cider?

Even though apple cider is a type of beverage we usually enjoy around Christmas, I don’t think there is anything wrong with drinking it all year round. The smell of  cinnamon and apples that fills your house when you make apple cider is sooooo nice!

There are many recipes on the net, but the one I’ve chosen to share with you is particularly good, mainly because it’s sugar-free, alcohol-free and doesn’t require canning.

Find the recipe here: Homemade Apple Cider

What is your favorite recipe? Share it in the comments below - we'd love to try it!


If you liked this post, let us know by sharing it! Share and get $5 off for youre next order with La Mav!



from La Mav Combined http://ift.tt/1SamMxG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment