Thursday, October 13, 2016

5 DIY Facial Masks to Try This Weekend

5 Skin-Loving Homemade Masks You Need To Try


When my obsession with face masks meets my unhealthy addiction to Pinterest, things get out of control. Let’s take this month for example - this month was all about facial masks. What does that mean? It means that I've tried more than 20 in less than 10 days! 

Why did I do it? To select the best ones for you, of course!

Since the weekend is near, and there is no better time to pamper yourself with a nice at-home beautifying ritual + some red wine & organic dark chocolate, allow me to share with you my favorite DIY face masks. I hope you’ll like them as much as I do!

Ultra-Nourishing Mask for Dry Skin

Full Recipe Here

Why I Love This Mask: It contains everything dry/dehydrated skin needs! Sweet almond oil for a dose of skin-healing vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, D and E) and minerals (magnesium, calcium, potassium and iron) + jojoba oil , to seal the moisture in, and replenish skin’s protective lipid barrier + raw organic honey, to reduce inflammation and prevent breakouts, and last but not least yogurt to exfoliate gently and reveal radiant, even complexion.


Soothing Mask for Sensitive/Redness-Prone Skin

Full Recipe Here

Why I Love This Mask: Rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C, rosehip oil nourishes and strengthens the skin, while tamanu oil boosts regeneration, and soothes inflammations and irritations. When mixed with oats (one of the greatest natural remedies for sensitive skin), this mask turns into a gentle scrub (2 in 1, how cool is that?)


All-Natural Chocolate Face Mask

Full Recipe Here

Why I Love This MaskApart from my endless love for all-things “chocolate”, I love this mask for 3 reasons:

  1. It smells super yummy! (added bonus: The smell of chocolate improves your mood & reduces stress)
  2. It was my closest experience to a real chocolate spa ritual.
  3. Cocoa powder is a potent antioxidant that fights the bad guys (a.k.a. free radicals) off, keeping your skin  fresh, healthy and youthful

Green Clay & Turmeric Detox Mask

Full Recipe Here

Why I Love This Mask: Recently, I’ve made my greatest discovery for reducing enlarged pores. Green clay! If only I knew about it a few years ago – I wouldn’t have spent fortune on pore perfecting primers and crazy-expensive pore-shrinking treatments.

Back to green clay. It treats impurities, tightens the pores, evens the skin tone and helps balance oil production, without over drying your skin. Tell me you are not impressed? (So, am I!)

Add cinnamon, turmeric and rose water, and you have the perfect healing mixture for those moments when your skin starts “acting out” for no obvious reason. Blemishes, redness, acne – be gone!


Pineapple & Papaya Exfoliating Mask

Full Recipe Here

Why I Love This Mask: If there is one skin ritual that I swear by, that would be exfoliation. I truly believe that exfoliation has the magical ability to solve (almost) every skin-related problem, and my experience so far has proven it more than once.

When I have more time to pamper my skin (usually, during the weekend), I opt for masks with exfoliating ingredients i.e. natural alternatives of chemical peels. Here, my choice is almost always the same - papaya + pineapple. Both are great sources of natural acids, enzymes and mineral. They gentle remove the dead cells from the skin surface, boost its glow, and prepare it for all of you favorite youth-reactivating lotions and potions.

Note: If you have very sensitive skin, patch test the mask first, as papaya and pineapple might cause irritation. 

What are your favorite homemade face masks? Let us know in in the comments below - we'd love to try them!


If you liked this post, let us know by sharing it. Thank you!



from La Mav Combined http://ift.tt/2dVmGPF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment