Tuesday, August 9, 2016

La Mav Meets: Kate Muller from The Beauty Bible

All Things Beauty with Kate Muller


If you are on the hunt for a new beauty salon to pamper yourself at, and you live in Australia, then you have to visit The Beauty Bible now! 

"While beauty and grooming has always been at the forefront of what defines The Beauty Bible, we like to think it has slowly and surely evolved to a survival guide for anyone new to a city, interested in new treatments or just looking for a change in beauty salons." 

And if you want to learn more about the inspiring woman behind this holy place for all beauty enthusiasts, stay with us! Kate Muller agreed to answer some questions we've been wanting to ask for a long time, and we are more than excited to have her on our blog... 

Let's meet her!

1. I am Kate Muller and I love.. the small things in life. I get pleasure out of the small things – a singing bird, a beautiful sunset, a friendly exchange between strangers, a kind compliment, a bypassing dog (I go crazy over dogs)… the small things remind me how lucky I am to be here. I recently went on a walk around the Noosa National Park in Queensland and I saw koalas, dolphins AND whales. It was just magical!

2. I trust in.. my loved ones to be there for me when I need them. I can't go a day in this world without my family, boyfriend and friends.

3. I find it hard to.. switch off. My mind runs at a million miles an hour – all day, every day! I have a Type A personality, so I am an over-achiever, perfectionist, and always wanting to be the absolute best at whatever I apply myself to. At the moment I am really working on how I can switch off and take time for myself, which includes shutting the laptop, going for a walk, meditating, using essential oils, working out, and reading. Oh, and I also find it hard to do only one thing at once. I multitask all the time, trying to do five things at once, but in the end it’s just counterproductive (I am multitasking as I write this!)

4. I feel frustrated.. when shocking events around the world cause grief, pain and loss, especially of late.

5. I am thankful for.. life! How blessed we are to be given an opportunity to experience what this beautiful world has to offer.

6. When I wake up in the morning.. I exercise, have a smoothie on the go and get into my day. I start with emails first and then get into it.

7. When I go to bed, I think about.. not much actually. Even though I find it difficult to switch off, when it’s bedtime that’s it. Some days I can be out in 2 minutes! Although, if something in my day has shaken me or stressed me out a little, there can be nights where I toss and turn a bit.

8. If I could give advice to my 18 year old self, I’d.. tell myself to stop comparing myself to others. This is a bad habit I have been plagued with since I was young and sometimes I find myself still doing it. I have an amazing life and have achieved amazing things, and I should be proud of it! Own your life and be the boss of it.

9. My favourite makeup item is.. highlighter. I have just discovered a great combination to give me the best glow - Mecca Tinted Moisturiser mixed with a highlighter, like Arbonne Sheer Glow Highlighter or Burberry Nude Radiance and IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Ombre Bronzer.

10. The skin care item I can’t live without.. Moisturiser. I have really been looking after my skin since I was 12, so I can’t go a day without moisturising my face in the morning and before bed. At the moment I am using a combination of La Mav and Aspect on my face, and I love Antipodes for handcream and Lanolips Everywhere Multi-Cream for my body.

11. When I have to do my makeup in less than 5 minutes, I always apply.. my normal face! I can actually do all of my makeup in 5 minutes, so after moisturising I use  foundation/powder, concealer, bronzer//blush, a nude eye, curled lashes with mascara, and a quick brow fill-in!

12. I am obsessed with.. Beauty (skincare/makeup), animals, reading, nature, the outdoors, exercise, and business.

13. I want to.. be really successful in my career/business, have a family, travel the world, all while having balance and not forgetting to look after myself.

14. And I don’t want to.. live a life filled with comparison, ungratefulness, and fear.

15. My mantra for happiness is.. love yourself, be grateful, and take pleasure in the small things.

16. Beauty is.. confidence. When someone is confident, they exude beauty.

17. Don’t forget to.. floss your teeth every day! And smile every minute you can J

*For more from Kate and The Beauty Bible, check our her blog and follow her on Instagram and Facebook!


If you liked this post, let us know by sharing it! Share and get $5 off for your next order with La Mav!



from La Mav Combined http://ift.tt/2aJ4Jl1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment